Job Title: Facility Manager – Central US
The Facility Manager supports Savers’ vision by providing property and facility management support (all building, equipment, common area and property repairs, capital replacements and maintenance, and lease enforcement) to all stores and field team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enforces leases by ensuring landlords maintain buildings, common areas and properties. Composes letters to landlords and other parties to enforce the terms of the agreements
- Assists store management in maintenance of the building, equipment and land pursuant to the store’s lease requirements that includes maintenance and repairs or replacements of roofs, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, parking lots, plumbing, flooring, fire sprinkler systems, signage and lighting
- Monitors work order status, approvals, invoicing and projects in fmPilot system
- Manages work flows with the assistance of Tableau reporting software
- Manages national vendors and programs for HVAC and floor cleaning, etc.
- Obtains, negotiates and reviews maintenance and repair bids and contracts
- Ensures property damage is repaired in a timely manner and safety issues are addressed appropriately
- Manages the repair/replacement expenses within the capital expense budget restraints
- Provides monthly budget reporting to DM’s & RD’s in their Zone
- Conducts periodic physical and/or electronically generated inspections of the premises to review maintenance contractor work, look for potential structural problems and assess the general condition of the property
- Directs the store, district and regional managers in a pro-active, preventive, maintenance/repair program
- Implements major equipment replacements
Maintains property management files
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of commercial leases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated grammar, spelling, punctuation, and use of reference manual skills
- Demonstrated building, equipment and land maintenance skills
- Ability to work with many software platforms to manage sites: fmPilot; EMS; AX; Expesite; Microsoft Sharepoint, Tableau, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to negotiate and manage maintenance and repair bids and contracts
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to recognize and correct safety hazards
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Require 24/7 on call duties, totaling approximately 2-3 months of the year.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction or related field preferred; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 3 - 5 years property management experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- USA based - remote – Central US
- Chicago IL, Minneapolis Minnesota, or St. Louis Missouri